The safety of all Camelan users is our number one priority. While we try to make Camelan 100% scam free, some scammers will always find a way to sneak in past our security measures.
So we created this guide to give you some tips on how to spot potential scams and protect yourself.
Always check users profiles and feedback
It's always a great idea to check the profile of the user and read if they have any negative feedback.
Use Camelan to send the offer and complete your payment
Making an offer through the app and completing the payment process within Camelan protects you from scams. We will always verify the seller and release their payment once the deal is done.
In general, here are a few tips on how to avoid getting scammed:
– Scammers will try to move the chat outside Camelan (mostly to WhatsApp) immediately so we can’t see the messages they send.
– Most scammers try to use fake videos to convince you to put a deposit in advance. They will give you a very cheap price for a pet that’s known to be expensive.
– Scammers use “fake shipping companies” that will send you invoices, and will convince to pay the deposit to that shipping company claiming that the
shipping company will hold the deposit until they deliver the pet to you.
– Scammers offer “free” pets, and just ask for you to pay the shipping cost
– Usually scammers are always conveniently far away from your location, this way they ensure you won’t ask to physically come and inspect the puppy in person
– The most powerful weapon in detecting scammers is your instinct, if something feels wrong or too good to be true, then it probably is a scam.
Please stay safe, and we hope to make Camelan the safest place for you and the community.
We hope you enjoy using Camelan, and thanks for being in our community!